Professional trade organization for small cosmetics manufacturers and the companies that supply raw materials and supplies to them.
Break All The Rules, Build
Your Own Corporate Ladder and Create
The Life You Love!
The most complete listing of educational, raw materials and packaging suppliers on the 'Net.
This domain is for sale. If you are interested in submitting a serious offer, please contact Donna Maria
A - G
H - M
N - S
T - Z
Neroli Rose Face Cream
submitted by Donna Maria
If you have a question or comment about this recipe, please post it in the Comments Section below!
This is one of my favorite face creams. when I first made it back in 1998, I recorded these words next to the recipe: "Incredible Cream, Simply Incredible!" What else is left to say?
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a heat proof (I use Pyrex) 16 oz. glass measuring cup. Place the mixture in a hot water bath until the waxes are completely melted. Remove from heat. Add the stearic acid and emulsifying wax and stir well to incorporate. Set aside.
- In a separate Pyrex cup, combine the rose hydrosol, borax and xanthan gum. Place the mixture in a bath until for about 10 minutes to warm the mix and dissolve the borax. (The borax will not dissolve completely until you stir it in; see next step.) Remove from heat and set aside momentarily.
- Add the neroli wax and rose concrete to the oil/wax mixture. If you are using neither of those ingredients, skip this step.
- Stir the oils/waxes together to make sure they are evenly combined.
- In the separate container, stir the water ingredients to make sure they are evenly combined.
- Begin stirring the oil/wax mixture with an electric mixer and add the water mixture as you stir. You will see the mixture begin to thicken as you blend it. Continue mixing until until Road Map Relief is thick and rich. This may take up to 20 minutes. Add the aromatic oils after the cream forms and stir gently to incorporate. Pour into clean jars.
- Store in the fridge between uses if you'd like to extend freshness.
"I had to alter the recipe slightly, as I didn't have all the ingredients (rose concrete and beeswax absolute), but the texture of this cream is soooooooooo nice! Love it!"
Submitted by: Miss Chief
Add a comment
Only registered users may rate recipes. Please login to rate this recipe.
If you are not a registered user, register here. Registration is fast, easy, and free!
Note to IBN Members: If you are a member of the Indie Beauty Network, you are already a registered user. You may login using your IBN username and password. Don't know your IBN username and password? Find it here.
Intellectual Property Ownership Statement. ©2000-2014. Unauthorized duplication is prohibited. All rights are reserved. US Library of Congress ISSN 1530-9630. The Indie Beauty Network is a division of Indie Business Media, LLC. The Indie Beauty Network, the Indie Beauty Network logo, the Indie Experience, Indie Business Media, Indie Business Radio, Indie Business Conference, Indie Business Magazine and all related trade and brand names, graphics and logos are the registered trademarks or trademarks of Indie Business Media, LLC.
Web site designed, hosted, and maintained by Fallen Muse WebWorks.